Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Am I the only one, or do others do this too?


This question refers to the near obsession I have of looking at every person for sculpture potential. I do this mostly when I do not have another focus, like when I'm waiting in line or when I'm a bit annoyed with someone and I want to overlook what's annoying me. I look at the general shape of how they're holding their body in relation to the person they're with or the object they're holding. I look at proportions and the angles and surfaces. I think about titles.

Is this what it means to 'think like an artist?' or am I just slightly nutty? I prefer to think of myself as someone who finds themselves in an enviable position. Someone who has enjoyed another profession, but who has yearned to have time and opportunity to create art.

No comments: